Re: linux 4.2-rc1 broken Nokia N900

From: Ivaylo Dimitrov
Date: Fri Jul 24 2015 - 04:31:04 EST

On 24.07.2015 11:18, Dave Young wrote:

Pali, could you tell how do you test mainline kernel on n900?

I used to use n900 as a usb dbgp gadget with a backport patch to
2.6.28 so that I can get early debug kernel message from my laptop.

I tried mainline previously with Fedora arm, text mode works but
no graphics. Is there a way to use maemo UI with mainline kernel?

Thanks
Dave

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1459970&postcount=142

This is the last (almost) upstream kernel I tried, unfortunately recently I am very short on spare time, so cannot confirm for 4.x kernels, but in theory those should work as well.

The kernel tree was on gitorious, but it is down now(I have a local copy). However, all of the needed patches should be on https://github.com/pali/linux-n900.

Ivo