Re: [linux-sunxi] [RFC] ARM: dts: sunxi: Add regulators and board-specific operating points for LeMaker BananaPi

From: Hans de Goede
Date: Mon Jul 27 2015 - 08:55:00 EST

Hi,

On 27-07-15 14:36, public_timo.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi again,

one more thing...

Hans de Goede schrieb am 27.07.2015 10:07:
IMHO we should just stick with the standard operating points unless we know
that there are stability issues with them (such as e.g. on the A10 OlinuxIno
Lime).

If we stick to the standard operating points, shouldn't we honor their voltages
as well? If we set the minimum voltage for dcdc2 to 1.0V (as you did) or 1.05V
(as I did), this means that the lowest operating point of 144MHz@xxxx defined
in sun7i-a20.dtsi (and with my definition the 312MHz opp as well) will not be
available because cpufreq-dt simply ignores operating points that aren't within
the set voltage range for that regulator.

Ah, good point. I don't know what is the right thing todo here.

ChenYu (in the CC), since you did most of the original work here, do
you know why we have an op at 0.9 volt, but none of our boards allow the
voltage to go that low in the regulator settings ?

Regards,

Hans