Re: [linux-sunxi] [RFC] ARM: dts: sunxi: Add regulators and board-specific operating points for LeMaker BananaPi

From: Hans de Goede
Date: Tue Jul 28 2015 - 10:25:12 EST

Hi,

On 07/28/2015 02:49 PM, Maxime Ripard wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 02:43:20PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi,

On 27-07-15 14:09, public_timo.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

Hans de Goede schrieb am 27.07.2015 10:07:

I've a simular patch here:

https://github.com/jwrdegoede/linux-sunxi/commit/6a30b7d5be6012b81e5e1439a444e41c0ac1afc1

I did not submit this upstream yet as it is part of a series to enable the otg
controller on the bananapi which needs axp-usb-power-supply support for which
the actual powersupply driver changes are still pending.

Oops, I see. Are you planning to submit this for 4.3 or later?

I plan to submit this for 4.3.

I don't feel like holding patches that were posted before you did
because you did them some time ago and never submitted them is
reasonnable and / or encouraging for new submitters of patches.

I'd really like to get more sunxi-people contributing, and that starts
with that kind of trivial stuff. Holding them back because one of the
usual (and experienced) developpers is a bit counter-productive (and
I'm sure you still have a lot of patches to submit anyway ;)).

I've no problem with Timo submitting a cleaned up version of his
patch and you taking that instead. I just wanted to point out that
I do have a similar patch pending.

Regards,

Hans