Bug: shared usb dt document is incorrect

From: Tim Bird
Date: Tue Jul 28 2015 - 21:06:46 EST

Antoine and Rob,

I was just doing some testing with USB on a Qualcomm SoC.

I followed the instructions in the binding document:
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/ci-hdrc-usb2.txt

which has a compatible for "qcom,ci-hdrc", and is, in general,
for chipidea-based USB controllers.

It says in the document that the property usb-phy is deprecated, and to
use phys and phy-names instead. However, the Qualcomm
driver for this still uses usb-phy. That driver is in:
drivers/usb/chipidea/ci_hdrc_msm.c

I'm guessing I should update the Qualcomm driver to use
phys and phy-names, but wanted to check with you-all to
verify that this is the preferred method of getting
phys by phandle now. It's either change the driver
or make an exception in the binding document, I believe.

I presume I should be changing devm_usb_get_phy_by_phandle()
to of_phy_get(), but let me know if there's more to it than that.

In case I change the driver, do I then update the binding doc
to remove the information about the deprecated property, or not?

Please advise.
-- Tim