Re: kdbus: to merge or not to merge?

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Aug 04 2015 - 09:46:10 EST

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 1:58 AM, David Herrmann <dh.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You lack a call to sd_bus_unref() here.

I assume it was intentional. Why would Andy talk about "scaling" otherwise?

And the worry was why the kdbus version killed the machine, but the
userspace version did not. That's a rather big difference, and not a
good one.

Possibly the kdbus version ends up not just allocating user space
memory (which we should handle gracefully), but kernel allocations too
(which absolutely have to be explicitly resource-managed).

Linus