Re: [regression] x86/signal/64: Fix SS handling for signals delivered to 64-bit programs breaks dosemu

From: Raymond Jennings
Date: Thu Aug 13 2015 - 17:42:15 EST

On 08/13/15 13:09, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Cyrill Gorcunov <gorcunov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If only I'm not missin something obvious this should not hurt us.
But I gonna build test kernel and check to be sure tomorrow, ok?
Thanks,

Linus
I am curious about what's supposed to happen normally on signal delivery.

Is SS a register that's supposed to be preserved like EIP/RIP and CS when a signal is delivered?