Re: 3.18: lockdep problems in cpufreq

From: Eduardo Valentin
Date: Mon Aug 17 2015 - 22:30:59 EST

Hi there,

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 6:32 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<cut>

> Well, that's the situation as per MAINTAINERS today. You seem to be concerned
> that it may not reflect the reality, but in that case I can only recommend
> sending a patch against MAINTAINERS to remove Eduardo from there.
>
>> As I've said, I'm not bothering with this anymore, it's just far too
>> much effort to play these stupid games.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "these stupid games" here.
>
>> The deadlock can stay for all I care.
>
> Fair enough.

I applied the patch. And it has generated the conflict in linux-next, as was mentioned in this thread. I already sent the pull request.

Yes, I missed the thread. Apologize for this and for the inconvenience I have caused. The deadlock will be taken care using Russel's patch.

Thanks Viresh for notifying me.

> Thanks,
> Rafael

BR,