Re: drm/layerscape: Add Freescale DCU DRM driver

From: Andreas Ruprecht
Date: Fri Aug 21 2015 - 09:49:00 EST

Hi Jianwei,

your commit 109eee2f2a18 ("drm/layerscape: Add Freescale DCU DRM
driver") showed up in linux-next today (i.e., next-20150821). I noticed
it because we are running a daily analysis on the newest linux-next tree
as part of our research.

In the source code of fsl_dcu_drm_drv.c, there is the following #ifdef:
#ifdef CONFIG_COMPAT
.compat_ioctl = drm_compat_ioctl,
#endif

The Kconfig option for the driver, however, states that the driver can
only be built with CONFIG_ARM enabled:

config DRM_FSL_DCU
tristate "DRM Support for Freescale DCU"
depends on DRM && OF && ARM
[...]

Inside arch/arm/, however, there is no definition of CONFIG_COMPAT (note
that there is one in arch/arm64/, but the driver explicitely needs
CONFIG_ARM), so the #ifdef block above can never be compiled in the
current state. Is this intended?

Regards,

Andreas