Re: Problems loading firmware using built-in drivers with kernels that use initramfs.

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Wed Aug 26 2015 - 01:32:53 EST

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 07:12:46 +0200,
Jie, Yang wrote:

> [...]

It's possible -- and even with the normal request_firmware(), in
theory. The missing piece is that you need to inform the helper to
retry the f/w loading. Currently the direct f/w loader assumes that
the file is there and returns error if not present.

If we implement a retry, another question is how to trigger it,
i.e. how the helper can know when a fs is mounted a new file is
present.

Takashi