Re: [GIT PULL 00/32] perf tools: filtering events using eBPF programs

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Mon Aug 31 2015 - 09:59:20 EST

Em Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 05:25:27PM -0700, Alexei Starovoitov escreveu:
> On 8/28/15 12:05 AM, Wang Nan wrote:
> >This time I adjust all Cc and Link field in each patch.

> >Four new patches (1,2,3,12/32) is newly introduced for fixing a bug
> >related to '--filter' option. Patch 06/32 is also modified. Please keep
> >an eye on it.

> Arnaldo, what is the latest news on this set?
> I think you've looked at most of them over the last months and few patch
> reorders were necessary. Is it all addressed ? All further work is
> sadly blocked, because these core patches need to come in first.
> I took another look today and to me patches 1-30 look good.

I asked Ingo if he had anything else to mention about changelog format
so that I could try pulling it directly, i.e. I need give it a last
look, and this is not a per-patchkit cost, its just fine tuning that
_should_ make processing subsequent patchkits faster, by pulling instead
of me going thru each patch.

But I disagree it "prevents further work", nobody has to wait for
everything to get upstream to do work, anyway, it will be processed.

- Arnaldo