Re: [GIT PULL] bcache revert

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Mon Aug 31 2015 - 15:14:43 EST

On 08/31/2015 01:00 PM, Kent Overstreet wrote:
Linus, please pull; this reverts a patch from Jens that was committed without
CCing be or being mailed out to any of the lists. Said patch wasn't in any way a
functional change and is something that damn well should have been discussed.

Jens - what the goddamn fuck!? You've never touched the bcache code until now,
and when you finally get interested this is what you do!?

While I am sympathetic to the arguments in favor of your patch, there _are_ some
damn good reasons I did it the way I did. If you want to have that discussion,
feel free to mail your patch out again after the revert.

The patch was part of a larger series that I was working on, and I just wanted to flush out that dependency. Christoph review and acked it, it was by no means a sneaking in of a patch.

So calm down. Is there a bug? The previous code was crap, having hidden returns in macros is horrible. The upstream bcache code has been effectively unmaintained for more than a year, and THIS patch is now a problem? Get real.

--
Jens Axboe