Re: [BUG 4.2-rc8] Interrupt occurs while apply_alternatives() is patching the handler

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Fri Sep 04 2015 - 08:02:30 EST

On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 12:41:47PM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> Nah. I rather put the local_irq_save into optimize_nops(). All other
> callers of add_nops() are operating on a buffer and use text_poke
> after that. Aside of that optimize_nops() is missing a sync_core().

Whoops.

> Updated patch below.

Looks good, thanks.

Hrrm, maybe optimize_nops() should work on a buffer and do
text_poke_early() too at the end, so that it doesn't differ from all the
other paths changing kernel text. So as to stuff like that doesn't get
missed next time I'm touching it.

But with your way we don't need the additional buffer. I guess your
solution is better resource-wise.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

ECO tip #101: Trim your mails when you reply.