Re: [Patch V0] x86, mce: Don't clear global error reporting banks during cpu_offline

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Sat Sep 05 2015 - 11:32:33 EST

On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 01:59:31PM -0400, Raj, Ashok wrote:
> Hummm.. just tried to keep the style as other parts of mcheck_cpu_init()
> where we have _mcheck_cpu_init_vendor().

But there's nothing init-like to disabling error reporting and this
function is not being called by mcheck_cpu_init()...

> Its not a rule, but sometimes local static functions have "__"
> varient.

Yes, that's internal functions, roughly.

> Maybe it should have been the double "__"?

Not at all - there's no layering here or whatever. Simply calling it
vendor_disable_error_reporting() is perfectly fine IMO.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

ECO tip #101: Trim your mails when you reply.