Re: eata fails to load on post 4.2 kernels

From: Arthur Marsh
Date: Thu Sep 10 2015 - 05:00:35 EST

Jiang Liu wrote on 10/09/15 17:43:
Hi Authur,
Thanks for the updating. Seem Bjorn doesn't like
neither of my two patches. So I'm trying to convert eata
to formal PCI driver, but the change will be much more
bigger and still not sure whether we could achieve that.
Will keep you updated.
Thanks!
Gerry

Thanks, I'm a bit concerned since the original

commit 991de2e59090e55c65a7f59a049142e3c480f7bd

broke things badly for me (requiring irqpoll to avoid a kernel hang) and neither of the patches enabled kexec reboots to work like before the original commit.

I just tested a kexec reboot with irqpoll enabled and that continues to fail, so I'm back to running 4.2 kernel until there is a patch that works with kexec reboots.

Arthur.