Re: Linux 4.3-rc1 build error on CentOS 5.11 "scripts/sign-file.c:23:25: fatal error: openssl/cms.h: No such file or directory"

From: Davidlohr Bueso
Date: Fri Sep 11 2015 - 19:22:44 EST

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015, Vinson Lee wrote:

Hi.

With the latest Linux 4.3-rc1, I am hitting this build error on CentOS 5.11.

HOSTCC scripts/sign-file
scripts/sign-file.c:23:25: fatal error: openssl/cms.h: No such file or directory
#include <openssl/cms.h>

fwiw/rant, I have run into kernel build issues recently due to lack of openssl libs.
The solution is trivial, in my case just intalling my distros openssl-devel
package, but this will probably break things for more people. And this is with default
configs... annoying.

Thanks,
Davidlohr