Re: linux-next: bad base of the h8300 tree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Mon Sep 14 2015 - 19:10:39 EST

Hi Yoshinori,

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 09:54:25 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Sep 2015 07:40:33 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 07:43:04 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > The h8300 tree today has been based on linux-next. This cannto work.
> > > Please rebase this onto Linus' tree (or some other stable base).
> > >
> > > I cannot use your tree in this state, so it will be dropped from
> > > linux-next until it is fixed. Also, Linus cannot pull it in this state.
> >
> > And now your tree conatins lots and lots of very old commits that do
> > not even have Signed-off-by tags :-(. The version I have been using
> > has a HEAD of commit:
> >
> > 99bcfda85f66 "Revert "asm-generic: {get,put}_user ptr argument evaluate only 1 time""
> >
> > (which, it turns out" also has no Signed-off-by :-()
> >
> > Maybe you should reset your tree to that and try to move on from there.
>
> Can you please clean this up ...

I see it has changed, but it is still not right :-(

Please do "gitk 9751a9e449da..h8300-next" in your tree and look at
it (9751a9e449da is in Linus' tree). As I suggested above, maybe you
should go back to commit 99bcfda85f66 and work forward from there
(after amending it have a SOB). Or just start all over with v4.3 ...

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx