Re: [Bugfix 0/3] Convert eata driver to a normal PCI device driver

From: Arthur Marsh
Date: Wed Sep 16 2015 - 03:37:34 EST

Jiang Liu wrote on 16/09/15 14:37:
On 2015/9/15 15:19, Arthur Marsh wrote:

Jiang Liu wrote on 15/09/15 12:01:

HI Arthur,
Really appreciate your help to test the patches. That's
a good sign we have moved forward a bit:)
For kexec, it's always challenging to me. So could you
please help to provide full dmesg logs with working kernels
so I could try to figure out the order among scsi and PCI devices.
It may be shutdown order related.
Thanks!
Gerry

OK, attached is the dmesg output from the 4.2.0 kernel where kexec worked.
Hi Arthur,
Could you please also help to capture the log messages
of kexec, I need to those log messages to figure out the order
to shutdown PCI devices and scsi devices during kexec.
Thanks!
Gerry

How would I capture the log messages of kexec (assuming that there are any, I couldn't see from the manual page entries and haven't seen anything beyond the screen images that I have already sent you)?

Regards,

Arthur.