Re: [Bugfix 0/3] Convert eata driver to a normal PCI device driver

From: Arthur Marsh
Date: Wed Sep 16 2015 - 07:30:05 EST

Jiang Liu wrote on 16/09/15 17:51:

Hi Arthur,
It would be great if we could capture the text as in the
picture posted by you at:
http://www.users.on.net/~arthur.marsh/20150915547.jpg
I guess a serial console could help us to capture those
log messages. To use serial console, we need to setup serial cable,
configure grub and kernel to use serial port as console.
Thanks!
Gerry

Regards,

Arthur.

I've already included the text of what appeaered in the image above:

sd 0:0:6:0: abort, mbox 63.
EATA0: abort, mbox 63 is in use.
sd 0:0:6:0: reset, enter.
EATA0: reset, mbox 63 in reset.
EATA0: reset, board reset done, enabling interrupts.
EATA0: reset, interrupts disabled, loops 100469.
EATA0: reset, mbox 63 locked, DID_RESET, done.
EATA0: reset, exit, done.
sd 0:0:6:0: qcomm, mbox 0, adapter busy, will start
sd 0:0:6:0: abort, mbox 0.
EATA0: abort, timeout error.
sd 0:0:6:0: reset, enter.
EATA0: reset, exit, timeout error.
sd 0:0:6:0 Device offlinled - not ready after error recovery
sd 0:0:6:0 rejecting I/O to offline device
sd 0:0:6:0 rejecting I/O to offline device
sd 0:0:6:0 [sda] Synchronize Cache(10) failed: Result: hostbyte=DID_NO_CONNECT driverbyte=DRIVER_OK
starting new kernel

As mentioned previously this occurred after the normal Synchronizing SCSI cache messages.

I don't think that there is anything else that gets sent to the console.

Arthur.