Re: problem with "serial" driver in kernel 3.16.0

From: Wolfgang Wilhelm
Date: Fri Sep 18 2015 - 05:27:26 EST

Thankyou very much for your quick answers. I searched now
in the linux sources for the problem and I think I could find it
in the file linux-source-3.16/drivers/tty/serial/8250/8250_pci.c

There is a function serial_pci_guessboard and a blacklist
including the vendor- and device-ids of 3 softmodems and
2 multi-io cards. I think if the vendor id 0x10e8 (standard AMCC)
and device id 0x8226 could be inserted into that blacklist
I could load our driver and get the software for our MPA-3
multiparameter system working. It seems that these id's are
not really used by any existing serial card, but this guessboard
function anyway takes our card as a serial board.

Is this a matter of the Debian distribution or the general linux kernel?

Best regards,
Wolfgang Wilhelm