Re: possible reason: unannotated irqs-off

From: Murali Karicheri
Date: Mon Sep 21 2015 - 16:26:43 EST

On 09/21/2015 11:44 AM, Murali Karicheri wrote:
Russell,

On 09/18/2015 01:02 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 12:02:15PM -0400, Murali Karicheri wrote:
While chasing a fix for a deadlock in netcp driver with debug options
enabled, i bumped on another warning shown below.. Looks like I need to
enable CONFIG_IRQSOFF_TRACER as well to get rid of this. Have anyone
seen
this? My google search showed me some connection with this option and I
enabled it as well and I don't see the warning anymore. Any idea if
this is
a false alarm or a real bug? Looks like I need to enable
CONFIG_IRQSOFF_TRACER as well. If so, I can send a patch. Either way
let me
know.

Do you have this commit applied?

No. We are using v4.1.x.

commit 3302caddf10ad50710dbb7a94ccbdb3ad5bf1412