[RFC 0/8] tools/build fixes related to eBPF support

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Mon Sep 21 2015 - 17:23:58 EST

Hi Jiri,

While working on the eBPF patch kit I noticed some problems in the
tools/build/ infrastructure, please take a look and check if they are all sane.

The last one is not planned for my next perf/core pull req to Ingo,
still requires some more work, but is necessary so that we can exercise the tools/build/
features fixed/introduced in this patchkit.

There is also that err.h fix from you and a fix for perf probe, because this
is based on my local perf/core branch and will go together in the next perf/core pull req.

Ah, this is in my perf/ebpf branch at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/acme/linux.git

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/acme/linux.git/log/?h=perf/ebpf

Thanks in advance,

- Arnaldo

Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo (4):
tools build: Fixup feature detection display function name
tools lib ebpf: Fix up FEATURE_{TESTS,DISPLAY} usage
tools build: Allow setting the feature detection user
tools lib bpf: Use FEATURE_USER to allow building in the same dir as perf

Jiri Olsa (1):
perf tools: Add include/err.h into MANIFEST

Masami Hiramatsu (1):
perf probe: Fix a segfault when removing uprobe events

Wang Nan (2):
perf tools: Don't assume that the parser returns non empty evsel list
perf tools: Make perf depend on libbpf

tools/build/Makefile.feature | 13 ++++++++-----
tools/lib/bpf/Makefile | 5 +++--
tools/perf/MANIFEST | 4 ++++
tools/perf/Makefile.perf | 19 +++++++++++++++++--
tools/perf/builtin-probe.c | 7 +++++--
tools/perf/config/Makefile | 19 ++++++++++++++++++-
tools/perf/tests/make | 4 +++-
tools/perf/util/parse-events.c | 16 ++++++++++++++++

2.1.0