Re: First kernel patch (optimization)

From: Austin S Hemmelgarn
Date: Tue Sep 29 2015 - 09:52:12 EST

On 2015-09-26 09:28, Eric Curtin wrote:
Hi Dimitry,

Is it Debian-derivative by any chance? Their capslock setup is wonky
because CapsLock key does no actually set up as a CapsLock but another
modifier. Also is it in X or is it on text console? Because X handles
led state on its own...

I'm on Fedora 22. Yeah, you're correct X is handling this, the led does
not turn on at all in text console. Tried Wayland also for the first time
to see if it occurred there also, it does. Does this mean I should not be
looking at kernel code all to fix this issue and I should be looking at
X/Wayland?
If the led doesn't turn on on the console either, then it may be worth looking at kernel code, but it may be in the console driver instead of the input layer driver.