Re: [PATCH] ARM: dts: Add Exynos5250 Snow Rev5+ support
From: Doug Anderson
Date: Wed Sep 30 2015 - 12:17:12 EST
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 5:30 PM, Krzysztof Kozlowski
> Now the exynos5250-snow.dts means in fact Rev4... but there is no
> information in DTS about it. I think adding compatible
> "google,snow-rev4" makes sense:
> 1. For informational purposes (this could be also handled with a comment).
> 2. Later one could decide to switch the default meaning of "google,snow"
> to Rev5 and the real compatible (rev4) will be there already.
> Could you add the new compatible and fix patch issues pointed by Doug?
Looks like everything got applied, but just for the record:
Switching the default meaning of "google,snow" to Rev5 is probably not
something we'd ever want to do, since it could confuse "rev3" boards
(which should be serviced by the rev4 dts). From comments in the
Chrome OS tree:
In the "rev4" DTS:
* - Any real rev 0-3 boards in the field will match "google,snow",
* since older U-Boots don't look for a revision specific device tree.
* - Any real rev 4 boards in the field will match "google,snow-rev4"
* first. If that's not present they will pick the first
* "google,snow" device tree that they find (ignoring the kernel
In the "rev5" DTS:
* - Purposely don't add "google,snow" so old firmware (which didn't
* include a -revN suffix) won't pick this one.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/