Re: List corruption on epoll_ctl(EPOLL_CTL_DEL) an AF_UNIX socket

From: Rainer Weikusat
Date: Thu Oct 01 2015 - 08:59:48 EST

Rainer Weikusat <rw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> Jason Baron <jbaron@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

[...]

> Test program (assumes that it can execute itself as ./a.out):
>
> -------------
> #include <fcntl.h>
> #include <pthread.h>
> #include <string.h>
> #include <sys/socket.h>
> #include <sys/un.h>
> #include <sys/epoll.h>
> #include <signal.h>
> #include <unistd.h>
>
> static int sk;
>
> static void *epoller(void *unused)
> {
> struct epoll_event epev;
> int epfd;
>
> epfd = epoll_create(1);
>
> epev.events = EPOLLOUT;
> epoll_ctl(epfd, EPOLL_CTL_ADD, sk, &epev);
> epoll_wait(epfd, &epev, 1, 5000);
>
> execl("./a.out", "./a.out", (void *)0);
>
> return NULL;
> }

[...]

Possibly interesting additional bit of information: The list corruption
warnings appear only if the 2nd connect is there and both the sk and
epfd file descriptors are left open accross the exec. Closing either of
both still triggers the _destructor warnings but nothing else (until the
process runs out of file descriptors).