4.3-rc3 BAR allocation problems on multiple machines

From: Meelis Roos
Date: Wed Oct 07 2015 - 05:23:58 EST

First I noticed that on Sun Netra t1-150 (sparc64 CPU), PCI allocation
was failing for qla1280 scsi driver. Reading dmesg uncovered "can't
claim BAR" errors. Looking for this in my other test machines I see more
of them - on many sparc64 machines and some on x86.

In another thread for "Resource allocation cleanup for v4.4", Yinghai Lu
asked for full dmesg to solve another similar case. So to help
understanding this one, here are the dmesgs of my machines:

sparc64 machines:

http://kodu.ut.ee/~mroos/dm/dm.t1-105
http://kodu.ut.ee/~mroos/dm/dm.t1-200
http://kodu.ut.ee/~mroos/dm/dm.v120