Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request with v4.3-rc4

From: Joerg Roedel
Date: Fri Oct 09 2015 - 11:34:45 EST

On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 09:30:40AM -0600, Alex Williamson wrote:
> I have not seen this one yet. There literally have been no changes for
> vfio in 4.3, so if this is new, it may be collateral from changes
> elsewhere. 32bit devices really shouldn't make any difference to vfio,
> I'll see if I can reproduce it myself though. Thanks,

Great, thanks. It looks like some sort of memory corruption to me. What
I did was trying to assign the 32bit dev together with its PCI bridge.
Probing the bridge in VFIO fails due to the first check in the probe
function and then I get the oops.

I also tried assigning other bridges, or only the bridge to the 32bit
bus, but this did not trigger the oops (but fails too, as it should).

I'll also try to debug this more.

Joerg