Re: Updated scalable urandom patchkit

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Sat Oct 10 2015 - 22:54:05 EST

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 10:31:46PM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> To that end, Andi, can you try benchmarking the scalability of the
> patch below? I really hope it will be good enough, since besides
> using less memory, there are security advantages in not spreading the
> entropy across N pools.

Andi, I forgot to menion --- if you could benchmark using both on your
"run get_entropy() in a tight loop" and the actual real-life
application --- since if is CPU cache behavior is going to be a large
factor in the results, a real application is going to be more
representative that a micro-benchmark, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

- Ted