Re: [GIT PULL] x86/mm changes for v4.4

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Thu Nov 05 2015 - 17:28:00 EST

On Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 02:04:55PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> and there's quite a few other pages there that are RW but not marked
> NX. I suspect they come from the EFI runtime services because the

Yeah, at least the EFI mappings would need a bit more fiddling until
they're NX:

https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20151012124113.GD2579@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Perhaps we don't even have to make them NX - just set the PGD entry
containing them before the EFI call and unset it after its done.
I.e., something like that.

> pattern seems to match what I see in that area, but there's at least a
> PSE mapping at START_KERNEL_map too, etc.

Maybe we should default n CONFIG_DEBUG_WX until stuff has been fixed...?

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

ECO tip #101: Trim your mails when you reply.