Re: Question with maxcpus= parameter.

From: Raj, Ashok
Date: Fri Nov 06 2015 - 00:59:51 EST

Hi Zduan

do you know which distribution it is? This isn't a kernel bug.

if you look at dmesg you should see how many CPUs were booted. But the sysfs
files are created and the usermode script is bringing every cpu online.

Tony mentioned this to me couple weeks ago when i was fixing another bug
in maxcpus. I think you can safely remove the script and it should be fine.

Cheers,
Ashok