Re: [GIT PULL 00/16] perf/ebpf improvements and fixes

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Wed Nov 18 2015 - 08:27:18 EST

Em Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 09:06:58PM +0800, pi3orama escreveu:

> åèæç iPhone
>
> > å 2015å11æ18æïäå8:44ïArnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@xxxxxxxxxx> åéï
> >
> > Em Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 07:32:38AM +0100, Ingo Molnar escreveu:
> >> So considering the relatively large diffstat and the fact that we are 3 days after
> >> the closing of the merge window, I think we should separate this into minimal
> >> fixes for perf/urgent, and more involved changes for v4.5.
> >
> > Ok, I'll do that, separate pure bugfixes into perf/urgent and then move
> > the rest to perf/core.
>
> So you won't maintain perf/ebpf and will move all eBPF related commits to
> perf/core? Then let me wait for your action, and rebase my local tree to perf/core
> again.

I think you can work on perf/ebpf, I can't envision any major problems
arising from that, what I'll do is basically cherry-pick pure fixes that
are there, IIRC there are several (like the perf test emitting errors in
non verbose mode, etc), and then rebase perf/ebpf on top of that, just
some patch reordering should take place.

At that point I'll just rename perf/ebpf to perf/core and collect more
non-pure-bug-fixes on top of it.

> I hope I can start sending other patches in my local tree to you soon. They are
> almost ready.

Ok