Re: Hibernate resume bug around 3,18-rc2 - Full PAT support

From: Vassilis Virvilis
Date: Fri Nov 20 2015 - 00:25:47 EST

On 11/19/2015 10:35 PM, Vassilis Virvilis wrote:

I compiled and I am running 4.3 right now.

It failed this morning. Last night I did 3 hibernate / resume cycles. In the last one I I also turned off the PSU (this seems to push it over the edge - but it may be random behavior) and it worked. This morning 7h later failed to resume - but it didn't hang on _lapic_resume. This time it rebooted - and I seem to recall this behavior for 4.2+ kernels. I forgot to mention it because my testing with 4.x kernels were one month before.

So 4.3 kernel - reboots on resume after a long hibernation time.

I am testing with 4.3 and nopat right now.

Vassilis