Re: gigaset: freeing an active object

From: Paul Bolle
Date: Mon Nov 30 2015 - 16:07:53 EST

On ma, 2015-11-30 at 19:30 +0100, Tilman Schmidt wrote:
> I wonder how that will behave if someone attaches two of the devices to
> different serial ports. Not likely, but not forbidden either.

I see.

Perhaps I should respin and a use a pointer to a struct platform_device
in struct ser_cardstate, use the two step approach of
platform_device_alloc() and friends, etc. Only slightly more
complicated.

How would attaching two devices work with GIGASET_MINORS hardcoded to 1?
Because I haven't yet stumbled on the mechanism with which ttyGS1 (and
up) would then be created.

(I do have a second M105's in a box somewhere, so I could check myself
what happens when a second USB device is added, for what that's worth.)

Thanks,

Paul Bolle