Re: libata-core: devslp fails on ATP mSATA

From: Andreas Werner
Date: Wed Dec 02 2015 - 04:41:52 EST

On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 02:04:10PM -0500, Tejun Heo wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 11:17:15AM -0500, Tejun Heo wrote:
> > So, I suppose this is a fallout from 9faa643855df ("libata: use
> > READ_LOG_DMA_EXT"). The description just says "we should try use it"
> > but is there any benefit from using NCQ variant of read log page? I
> > mean, it's used during config and error handling, so it's not like
> > queueing is gonna help anything. It ends up issuing NCQ commands on
> > controllers which don't support NCQ and causes failures on devices
> > which lie about supporting the feature.
>
> Hmmm... so, the controller locks up on READ_LOG_EXT issued as pio?
> That's just weird. I suppose you can blacklist the controller so that
> any attempt to read the log page fails without actually issuing the
> command.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> tejun

Hi,
yes since i am using 3.14 where the READ_LOG_DMA_EXT is not it, it
seems that the controller locks up even on READ_LOG_EXT as PIO.

I have checked the current ERRATA sheet of the CPU but there
are no issues regarding this problem.

Test on a Freescale T4240 show the same behaviour as on P1013/P1022.
It seems that some FSL Cpus are affected.
I have asked my FAE at Freescale if he has some information about
that kind of issue.

Blacklisting the controller would be a solution yes, but I just
wanna wait the answer from the FAE to be sure we really have a
problem.

What kind of identifier can I use for blacklisting? The driver name
from the host driver? (fsl-sata) I did not find any register
in the sata controller to read out an ID.

Regards
Andy