[RFC V2] Add gup trace points support

From: Yang Shi
Date: Wed Dec 02 2015 - 18:13:34 EST

Changelog V1 --> V2:
Adopted commetns from Steven
* remove all reference to tsk->comm since it is unnecessary for non-sched
trace points
* reduce arguments for __get_user_pages trace point and update mm/gup.c
accordingly
* Added Ralf's acked-by for patch 4/7.

There is not content change for the trace points in arch specific mm/gup.c.

Some background about why I think this might be useful.

When I was profiling some hugetlb related program, I got page-faults event
doubled when hugetlb is enabled. When I looked into the code, I found page-faults
come from two places, do_page_fault and gup. So, I tried to figure out which
play a role (or both) in my use case. But I can't find existing finer tracing
event for sub page-faults in current mainline kernel.

So, I added the gup trace points support to have finer tracing events for
page-faults. The below events are added:

__get_user_pages
__get_user_pages_fast
fixup_user_fault

Both __get_user_pages and fixup_user_fault call handle_mm_fault.

Just added trace points to raw version __get_user_pages since all variants
will call it finally to do real work.

Although __get_user_pages_fast doesn't call handle_mm_fault, it might be useful
to have it to distinguish between slow and fast version.

Yang Shi (7):
trace/events: Add gup trace events
mm/gup: add gup trace points
x86: mm/gup: add gup trace points