Re: iwlwifi A-MSDU tx

From: Emmanuel Grumbach
Date: Fri Dec 04 2015 - 02:35:55 EST

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 12:05 AM, Stefan Sperling <stsp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> As part of implementing 802.11n support in OpenBSD I'm looking for
> an AP which sends A-MSDUs. Preferrably under software control rather
> than firmware.
>
> I found your iwlwifi A-MSDU patches at
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=144553311122495&w=2
> and http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=144553311822496&w=2
>
> Would these patches make it possible to run an AP with an 5300 or 7260
> card and send A-MSDUs? That would be great as I have the necessary hardware.

7260 will go. Not 5300.
Note that this code simulates Tx TCP Csum offload. I did that to write
the code while we still don't have the hardware that has this
capability. But for testing purposes, it should do the work. The
testing teams have reported that AP mode didn't work quite well with
this and I haven't taken the time to look into yet, but if you see
issues, please report them or even better: fix them :)

> Which Linux tree do these patches apply to? I've tried the following
> but had no luck in getting these patches applied without rejects:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/iwlwifi/iwlwifi-next.git

Right. These patches had a long internal review cycle. They are now
merge in our internal tree.
You can find them in our internal tree [1] (backport based). I will
push them soon in iwlwifi-next.git.

[1] - https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/iwlwifi/backport-iwlwifi.git/
Please read https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlwifi/core_release#how_to_install_the_driver.