Re: rhashtable: Use __vmalloc with GFP_ATOMIC for table allocation

From: Herbert Xu
Date: Sat Dec 05 2015 - 02:06:17 EST

On Fri, Dec 04, 2015 at 07:15:55PM +0100, Phil Sutter wrote:

> > Only one should really do this, while others are waiting.
>
> Sure, that was my previous understanding of how this thing works.

Yes that's clearly how it should be. Unfortunately while adding
the locking to do this, I found out that you can't actually call
__vmalloc with BH disabled so this is a no-go.

Unless we can make __vmalloc work with BH disabled, I guess we'll
have to go back to multi-level lookups unless someone has a better
suggestion.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>