Re: [GIT PULL] UML fixes for 4.4-rc5

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Dec 08 2015 - 20:35:45 EST

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 1:39 PM, Richard Weinberger <richard@xxxxxx> wrote:

> This pull request contains various bug fixes, most of them are
> fall out from the merge window.
>
> Richard Weinberger (2):
> um: Fix fpstate handling

Ugh. This is very ugly. It's apparently the result of commit
530e5c827182 ("x86/headers: Make sigcontext pointers bit independent")
and apparently nobody noticed the uml fallout.

I've pulled, but I wanted the x86 people involved to be aware of this
ugly corner. I wonder if there might be some way for uml to continue
to use that fpstate entry as a pointer, at least when the wordsize
matches (which it will)?

Linus