Re: [Questions] perf c2c: What's the current status of perf c2c?

From: Jiri Olsa
Date: Wed Dec 09 2015 - 03:04:50 EST

On Wed, Dec 09, 2015 at 12:06:44PM +0800, Yunlong Song wrote:
> Hi, Don,
> I am interested in the perf c2c tool, which is introduced in: http://lwn.net/Articles/588866/
> However, I found that this tool has not been applied to the mainline tree of perf, Why? It was first
> introduced in Feb. 2014. What's its current status now? Does it have a new version or a repository
> somewhere else? And does it support Haswell?

hi,
not sure Don made any progress on this field, but I'm having
his c2c sources rebased current perf sources ATM.

I changed the tool a little to run over new DATALA events
added in Haswell (in addition to ldlat events) and it seems
to work.

the plan for me is to to use it some more to prove it's useful
and kick it to be merged with perf at some point

jirka