[RFC 0/3] sparse: Introduce __private to privatize members of structs

From: Boqun Feng
Date: Fri Dec 11 2015 - 21:56:47 EST

Hi all,

As I proposed:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-arm-kernel&m=144944469805753

, we can define a __private modifier for sparse to detect misuses of private
members of structs. This could make maintenace a little easier and prevent some
potential bugs.

This patchset serves as a POC and consists of three patches:

1. Introduce __private and related macro, also improve compiler.h a litte
bit

2. Privatize rcu_node::lock

3. Privatize irq_common_data::state_use_accessors

This patchset is against

-rcu/rcu/next 5f343fc7f0ce7edfe344e7cc5afdfe145a18f802

because this depends on commits:

"rcu: Create transitive rnp->lock acquisition functions"

and

"rcu: Add transitivity to remaining rcu_node ->lock acquisitions

I tried to use 0day to test this, but seems the email transfer from 0day to my
mail box is very slow recently, so I haven't received a recent result yet. But
as one can see, this patchset doesn't have any functional modification, the 0day
may not find anything interesting ;-)

Looking forward to any suggestion, question and comment ;-)

Regards,
Boqun