Re: sched : performance regression 24% between 4.4rc4 and 4.3 kernel

From: Jirka Hladky
Date: Tue Dec 15 2015 - 03:49:33 EST

Hi Rik,

I have reviewed the data and you are right. The trouble is that even
with 4.3 kernel there is 20% change that results will be bad. I have
repeated tests 100 times on 4.3 kernel over the night. In 20 cases I
see that runtime went up from 12 seconds to 28 seconds due to the
wrong NUMA placement. I will try to replay the bisect once again.

Jirka