Re: 4.4-rc5: ugly warn on: 5 W+X pages found

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Tue Dec 15 2015 - 09:08:45 EST

On Tue 2015-12-15 05:26:00, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> >>iirc it changes based on runtime detection of NX capability
> >
> >Huh. Is it possible that core duo is so old that it has no NX?
>
> really stupid question I guess, but is PAE on ?
> (64 bit pagetables are required for NX)

CONFIG_X86_PAE=y

pavel@duo:/data/l/linux$ cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep pae
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic
sep mtrr pge mca cmov clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
nx constant_tsc arch_perfmon bts aperfmperf pni monitor vmx est tm2
xtpr pdcm dtherm

But it still says:

I thought pae would be 36bit virtual?

I'm attaching /proc/config.gz..