[ANNOUNCE] Linux 4.2.y-ckt extended stable support

From: Kamal Mostafa
Date: Tue Dec 15 2015 - 12:11:51 EST

On Mon, 2015-12-14 at 22:39 -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> This is the LAST 4.2.y kernel to be released [...]

Canonical's kernel team will pick up stable maintenance where Greg KH
left off with v4.2.8 (thanks, Greg!)...

Canonical's Ubuntu kernel team is pleased to announce that we will be
providing extended stable support for the Linux 4.2 kernel until August
2016 as a third party effort maintained on our infrastructure.

Our linux-4.2.y{-queue,-review} stable branches will fork from v4.2.8
and will be published here:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/linux.git

git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/linux.git

We will use the same stable request/review workflow and follow the
standard upstream stable kernel rules. More details are available at
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/ExtendedStable

We welcome any feedback and contribution to this effort. The first
review cycle patch set (for "v4.2.8-ckt1") will be posted in a week or
two.

-Kamal Mostafa
Ubuntu Kernel Team, Canonical Ltd.