Re: [RFD] CAT user space interface revisited

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Tue Dec 29 2015 - 07:45:27 EST

Marcelo,

On Wed, 23 Dec 2015, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 06:12:05PM +0000, Yu, Fenghua wrote:
> > > From: Thomas Gleixner [mailto:tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> > >
> > > I was not able to identify any existing infrastructure where this really fits in. I
> > > chose a directory/file based representation. We certainly could do the same
> >
> > Is this be /sys/devices/system/?
> > Then create qos/cat directory. In the future, other directories may be created
> > e.g. qos/mbm?
>
> I suppose Thomas is talking about the socketmask only, as discussed in
> the call with Intel.

I have no idea about what you talked in a RH/Intel call.

> Thomas, is that correct? (if you want a change in directory structure,
> please explain the whys, because we don't need that change in directory
> structure).

Can you please start to write coherent and understandable mails? I have no
idea of which directory structure, which does not need to be changed, you are
talking.

I described a directory structure for that qos/cat stuff in my proposal and
that's complete AFAICT.

Thanks,

tglx