Re: cgroup: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference

From: Serge E. Hallyn
Date: Sat Jan 02 2016 - 13:24:33 EST

On Sat, Jan 02, 2016 at 06:54:37AM -0500, Tejun Heo wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 01, 2016 at 03:40:28PM -0800, Jeremiah Mahler wrote:
> > all,
> >
> > When running the latest linux-next (20151231) two of my machines
> > hang early in the boot sequence. The initial message is for a
> > NULL pointer dereference.
> >
> > BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000030
> >
> > And the RIP line refers to cgroup_path.
> >
> > RIP [<ffffffff810eb178>] cgroup_path+0x30/0x80
> >
> > Attached are pictures of the back trace.
> >
> > Let me know if I can do anything else to help. I will investigate the
> > problem further if I get a chance.
>
> This is most likely from the recent changes from cgroup ns support.
> Reverted the patchset for now as it also introduced a bisectability
> issue. Serge, can you please look into this one?

Tried to reproduce with setting CONFIG_CFQ_GROUP_IOSCHED=y, but did not
succeed. Could you send me the .config? Also, if someone could send
the objdump -d output that might help. Though really, it seems clear
that current->nsproxy must be NULL. Hm, that's right - we used to have
that issue in pidns (or was it netns) during process exit. I don't know
that I'll get time this afternoon, but I'll look into it asap.

thanks.