Re: System "hangs" on kernels > v4.4-rc1 - mpt2sas problem?

From: Martin K. Petersen
Date: Thu Jan 07 2016 - 21:34:12 EST

>>>>> "Tony" == Luck, Tony <tony.luck@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Tony,

Tony> This one has been hard for me to bisect. Partly because it just
Tony> takes so long to reboot the servers that have the problem, but
Tony> also because there may be more than one thing going on. One thing
Tony> that seems pretty certain is that things are OK prior to:

We consolidated the mpt2sas and mpt3sas drivers in 4.4. I can see the
driver getting loaded (and failing to allocate memory for some reason)
in your first log but it's absent in the second.

Tony> megaraid_sas: Increase timeout to 60 secs for abort frames
Tony> during shutdown

megaraid_sas is an entirely different beast from mpt[23]sas. Please let
us know which type of controller your disks are hanging off of.

--
Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering