Re: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm-current tree with the vhost tree

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Date: Fri Jan 08 2016 - 01:46:24 EST

On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 04:59:08PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the akpm-current tree got a conflict in:
>
> mm/balloon_compaction.c
>
> between commit:
>
> 0b5ffdb4f7c6 ("balloon: fix page list locking")
>
> from the vhost tree and commit:
>
> 0c983ec0c078 ("virtio_balloon: fix race between migration and ballooning")
>
> from the akpm-current tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I think that the former is a superset of the latter, so
> I used that, completely reversing the latter patch) and can carry the
> fix as necessary (no action is required).

Oops, it isn't.

Andrew, your tree seems to still carry original patch by Minchan Kim:

0c983ec0c078ed5d5c219cf97af06364e7a8e19f

I reported on list that it has a deadlock:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.stable/159208

I think it should be reverted and my patch applied - it's in my tree
but if you prefer it in yours instead, please let me know.

Thanks!