Re: 390/qeth: Delete an unnecessary variable initialisation in qeth_core_set_online()

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Fri Jan 08 2016 - 07:01:07 EST

>> Is there any more fine-tuning cooking in the background?
> Not yet;

I am a bit surprised by this information.

> qeth is an important driver for Linux on System z;

Good to know â

> there are lots of investigation ideas for improvements,
> which we will take care about according to their priorities.

Software development as usual â

> I regard your proposed fine-tuning code change as valid,

Thanks for a bit of positive feedback.

> but prioritize it as one with lowest benefit,

This is fine in principle.

> since it does not really make a difference once compiled.

Would you like to help in the determination if deletion of unnecessary variable
initialisations (besides in the implementation of the function "qeth_core_set_online")
will result in measurable effects?

Regards,
Markus