Re: [RFC] perf record: missing buildid for callstack modules

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Jan 13 2016 - 05:25:14 EST

* Peter Zijlstra <peterz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 11:34:54AM -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
>
> > Have you ever played, when you noticed those overheads, with -N? Or just used
> > the -B big hammer and moved on?
>
> I yelled on irc, jolsa told me to use -B, I moved on ;-)

So I think we should grow mtime protection, to not display incorrect data - and
then that should become the default. (in addition to per CPU recording threads.)

Way too slow recording is something I experience as well - and to have a slow
_performance_ profiling tool is pretty ironic! ;-)

Thanks,

Ingo