From: Gustavo Padovan <gustavo.padovan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
All changes to timeline value come through the user via
fence_timeline_signal() calls. When fence_timeline_destroy() is called no
changes on timeline->value happens hence call fence_timeline_signal() with
no increment is pointless.
Signed-off-by: Gustavo Padovan <gustavo.padovan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
drivers/dma-buf/fence.c | 6 +-----
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 5 deletions(-)
diff --git a/drivers/dma-buf/fence.c b/drivers/dma-buf/fence.c
index 7a5fc9b..26f5f0f 100644
@@ -136,7 +136,7 @@ EXPORT_SYMBOL(fence_timeline_put);
* fence_timeline_destroy - destroy a fence_timeline
* @timeline [in] the fence_timeline to destroy
- * This function destroys a timeline. It signals any active fence first.
+ * This function destroys a timeline.
void fence_timeline_destroy(struct fence_timeline *timeline)
@@ -147,10 +147,6 @@ void fence_timeline_destroy(struct fence_timeline *timeline)
- * signal any children that their parent is going away.
- fence_timeline_signal(timeline, 0);