Re: Nokia N900: musb is in wrong state after boot

From: Tony Lindgren
Date: Tue Jan 19 2016 - 15:33:25 EST

Hi,

* Pali RohÃr <pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx> [160109 07:16]:
> Hello,
>
> when I boot 4.4.0-rc7+ kernel compiled with g_nokia into zImage on Nokia
> N900 into userspace then usb gadget (g_nokia) does not work. Notebook,
> connected on other side does not see any usb device... Connecting and
> disconnecting cable does not change anything, still not work.
>
> But if I run this command
> $ echo peripheral > /sys/bus/platform/devices/musb-hdrc.0.auto/mode

> then gadget starts working. Other side see usb device and can use it.
> Also connecting and disconnecting usb cable working fine. After
> connecting it again, usb device OK.

N900 had the PHY interrupt wired to the bq chip instead of twl4030, right?

You can fix this issue similar to phy-twl4030-usb.c. In function
twl4030_phy_power_on() we call schedule_delayed_work() that checks
the state of the ID pin on boot up.

I think that's only needed for the i2c based PHY's with MUSB, with
the others the USB driver has a better idea of the current state.

Regards,

Tony